Control dives… teach classes
The dive control specialist certification is the highest level professional before instructor. As a DCS you can teach lecture and pool classes with indirect supervision. By assisting an active instructor with open water training the DCS can collect valuable training experience which is the best possible preparation for an Instructor Training Course (ITC).
At East Coast, some of our most valuable educators are our Dive Control Specialists. As a Dive Control Specialist you can teach 4 of the 5 pool sessions for open water certification as well as Try Scuba sessions and Scuba Skills Updates. If you’re interested in teaching scuba, this is where you learn to teach.
A Training Specialist is a certified DCS that has had further training in select specialties allowing them to teach those specialties. These include Advanced Navigation, Boat diving, Equipment specialist and more.
- Be certified as a Divemaster with any industry recognized agency.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be certified in Nitrox, Equipment specialist, Rescue and 1st aid/CPR/O2 admin or equivalent.
- Must have a clear medical history (medical statement) and doctor sign off.
- Have a minimum of 60 dives logged.
- Personally own all the equipment required to dive locally. (except tanks & lead)
This course includes:
- 5 classroom sessions with an internationally certified instructor
- 2 pool session with an internationally certified instructor.
- 13 sessions acting / observing as an open water instructor.
(scheduled during flex course dates).
- 2 days in open water with an internationally certified instructor.
(scheduled during openwater checkout dives).
Class Sessions at East Coast Divers:
August 17th, 24th, 26th
Pool Sessions at the Walter Brown Arena:
August 20th, 27th
*** Additional pool sessions are required to complete the Dive Control specialist program. These sessions are based on evaluation of teaching performance. Sessions required to complete may vary based on individuals success. ***
Open Water Sessions:
September 7th, 8th
CALL OR EMAIL TO SIGN UP.
Sign-ups must be MINIMUM of 48 hours in advanced.
* Pool is not located at store!