*All Open Water Students*
Get a $50 Gift Cert when you sign up now!
The learn to scuba certification course is a 3 part program. Classroom, pool and open water work are all required to obtain certification. It is very common for students to start their training here and finish the certification dives on one of our group trips or at another dive facility in warmer water. Our course uses a flexible schedule and unlimited training to ensure a course structure that will work for anyone.
To sign up, simply visit us at East Coast Divers, purchase your student materials, and fill out the paper work. You may then complete the FREE on-line training. When the on-line training is finished, contact us to schedule your classroom and pool sessions following the list of dates below. Upon completion of your 2 classroom sessions and 6 units of pool skills, you will be ready for your open water dives. Check out our warm water trips to finish your certification.
Classroom & Pool session info:
Classroom session 1 must be completed before classroom session 2
All weekday class sessions start at 7:00pm and Sunday sessions start at 1:30pm
Classroom sessions run approximately 2.5 hours long
All weekday pool sessions start at 7:30pm and Sunday sessions start at 5:15pm
Pool sessions run approximately 2 hours long
Check out our Open Water training schedule below.
|POOL & CLASS COST: $450|
*All Students must also own fitted mask, fins and snorkel available at the store.
Students of East Coast Divers get more out of their training:
- free use of the pool to practice or try out gear for life!
- unlimited number of training session to ensure your comfort.
- $50 gift certificate when you sign up for basic open water. (valid with $150 purchase or greater)
- 60 day exchange policy for all hard goods in the store. (try your gear, if it doesn’t work for you, exchange it)
- personally fit, high quality, life support, scuba equipment at great prices with great service.
Next you will complete your open water dives to finish your certification.
There are two options available.
OPTION 1. Do your dives with us:
The open water certification dives can be completed here. We run certification dives during the spring, summer, or fall, and now even the winter with our drysuit add-on. The open water dives can be anywhere from 4 to 6 dives that are usually spread between 2 days of training. Here at East Coast you will complete up to 5 scuba dives and a snorkel over 2 days to complete your certification.
NEW DRYSUIT ADD-ON NOW AVAILABLE!
If you get cold easily or plan on doing your checkout dives with us over the winter we recommend adding the drysuit speciality to your open water program. Drysuits provide much more insulation allowing most people to comfortably dive in water temperatures in the 30′s. If you plan on diving locally, drysuits are typically a more comfortable option that most divers get into after a few years. Why not just start out in one?
The drysuit add-on requires 1 extra class, and 2 extra pools.
DRYSUIT ADD-ON COST: $250
The normal flow of events for certification dives occurs this way:
- Call the store to set up fitting the New England Diving System.
- If renting pick up the equipment on the Friday before the weekend of the dives.
- Show up at the dive site, with all the gear, at the stated time for that weekend
(This will be determined no more than 48 hours before the date due to weather.)
- Three (3) dives will be conducted each day. One of which, on the first day, is a snorkel.
- Return to East Coast Divers to fill tanks Saturday after the dives.
- Show up at the dive site Sunday morning on time and ready to dive.
- Conduct the final three open water dives of the certification course and log dives.
- Go home and return the gear to the store on Monday.
- C-cards can generally be printed in house so you can receive it right after your dives.
- The equipment rental fee for open water students over the weekend is $125.00 plus tax.
KEEP YOUR RECEIPT FOR $125.00 OFF ANY TOTAL DIVING SYSTEM AFTER CERTIFICATION!
*(good for 4 weeks after dives)*
The cost of tuition for the dives is $150.00. This is to be paid to ECD upon renting gear the Friday before (if you haven’t already paid this fee, of course).
|LOCAL CERT DIVE COST: $275|
OPTION 2. Do your dives with another dive center:
If you prefer warm clear water over local dives with feisty lobsters, you can finish your certification at another dive center in a tropical destination. All you need is a universal referral form available through the shop for a $45 fee. When you return from your trip we will provide you with your final certification card included in the fee. The cost of the dives will depend on the dive center performing the dives. We recommend scheduling your certification dives ahead of time to confirm they accept the referral program and have instructors available. If you have questions about setting up certification dives for your trip please contact our dive travel expert at Wayland travel.
|REFERRAL FORM COST: $45|
If you have any questions, please feel free to call, e-mail, or message us at the store.